Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Connections from Detroit
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Connections from Detroit

Yea for the blog and Face book.  Just yesterday, I received an inquiry if I was the Frank Lieberman from Detroit, Michigan.  The reply was yes. Sharon sent her e-mail address.  As it turned out, Sharon was a neighbor from the East side of Detroit.
Growing up, John maybe 10 years older than me, Frank 2 to 3 years older, and Hank a year younger were my neighbors. From my backyard I could see their backyard.  Our homes were separated by an alley.  I associated mostly with Hank, while attending elementary, junior high and high school.  At times, we would walk down the alley picking fruit from our neighbor’s trees and other mischievous things I will not mention.  I do not want to incriminate myself at this point.
  In fact, one memory stands out is when we both went to a local television station to audition for a program called Juvenile Court.  I was fortunate to get the part and played  an acting out rebellious teen.  I was not quite as good as James Dean, Natalie Woods, and Sal Mineo in the movie Rebel Without a Cause. However, I could relate to the part the James Dean played that super film.
After I moved to the Bay Area, I found out that Frank was living in the Bay Area too.  I remember hearing that he bought an island.   I am going to ask Sharon what happened to Frank.  I also heard that Hank died, while living in the Northwest-I think Seattle.
John’s parents moved and he and his wife Marlene moved to the neighborhood home. So my mother became good friends with Marlene and my sister Beverly remembers babysitting Sharon and her brother. Sharon said some nice things about my mother.  My mother was a terrific mother, person, and good friend.
I have a number of questions that I am going to ask Sharon about her family.  This connection results in my reliving and recalling aspects of my childhood.  Thank you Sharon, I am looking forward to talking with you.  Wow! The power of electronic technology is unbelievable.  Just think how fortunate we are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment