Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Garrett Ford,Easy Boot, Sally Edwards, Fleet Feet , Australian Connection and Merry Maids
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Garrett Ford,Easy Boot, Sally Edwards, Fleet Feet , Australian Connection and Merry Maids

"We cannot swing up on a rope that is attached only to our own belt."– William Ernest Hocking
Congratulations Garrett “Easy Boot” Ford on your Tevis Cup victory last weekend. A victory that was well-deserved since the ride is difficult and the trail technical .I had the pleasure of first meeting Garrett a number of years ago at a ride and tie in San Diego. For those of you who do not know, Garrett is the owner of “Easy Boot “a godsend protection device for the endurance horse and rider.
Monday, I had the pleasure of being invited to speak at the Fleet Feet Running Camp in Lake Tahoe. The topic of my lecture was” My 10 Principles of Mental Toughness.” In future blogs, I’ll be writing about my hypotheses about this topic and why  I believe that some people have “it “while others don’t have “it.” I have thought about this subject for the past year or so and believe I can make a contribution to the understanding and the necessary components of “it.”
At my presentation, I wore my” Merry Men love Merry Maids and Ride & Tie “T-shirt. Linda is the proud owner of the Merry Maids cleaning service and sponsored one of our ride and ties at Cool a few years back. David De la Rosa was my partner and we wore the T-shirts. Needless to say we did very well at that event. David was also my partner on other ride and ties notably at Quicksilver. He runs a marathon in about three hours and also rides well. That T-shirt generated much discussion at the beginning of my talk and was a good fit with the topic of discussion.
Sally Edwards originally started Fleet Feet, the running shoe store, about 35 years ago as well as the running camp. Although she sold the company name she retained the rights of the Fleet Feet Running Camp.   It’s great to be able to present to runners and active individuals. It seems they get it. The trails out of the camp were part of the 1960 Olympics and are simply beautiful with the rugged rocks and tree formations.
Secretariat and Debbie accompanied Linda and me. First, Secretariat and I did a trail run, before my lecture, while Debbie and Linda hiked the trails. After my lecture, we headed for South Shore and the Ridge adjacent to the Heavenly Ski Resort. On Tuesday, we took our kayaks to Kings Beach and paddled for roughly 3 hours. The day was glorious, the weather terrific, the company excellent, and the Lake Tahoe views out of this world. Oh yeah, we found an ice cream store after kayaking. Finding ice cream stores is one important part of our pleasures.
Today, I met Janet “Australian Connection” Pucci and her women friends on the trail. She inquired about Secretariat. For those of you who do not know the “Australian Connection” has wonderful gear and things for your horse and for you runners.
I had some difficulty waking up this morning and getting out of bed to feed the horses.  I didn’t know what today’s trail run was going to be like as I felt sore and tired.  After my morning breakfast smoothie, I hit the trail and immediately felt better and enjoyed my run. Once again it just goes to show you that an important motivational key is what happens between your ears. My next book is likely to be titled “It’s Between Your Ears. “Keep moving my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment