Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Perseverance Part 2
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Perseverance Part 2


It has been demonstrated that various diets result in limited success. Homo sapiens have difficulty sticking to these diets. For me, a lifestyle change in eating habits resulted in reducing sugar intake, red meat, French fries, potato chips and ketchup. However, at my last Sunday’s dinner prior to attending Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility play at the Shakespearean Festival in Ashland, Oregon, I ordered the Angus burger with fries and ketchup. This, more than likely, will not be the last time that I shall stray from going off the wagon.
Further, it’s been suggested that exercise, 30 to 60 minutes per day attaining 60-90% of maximum heart rate is recommended. To calculate, subtract 220 BPM minus age to equal 100% heart rate.   I am compulsive about exercise and have my own plan. For instance, I am reaching 79 years of youth, next month. For the last five years or so, I hit the trail and run the number of years of my age in a week, every November. I must confess that Tony reminded me this year. Over the last few weeks, I have been toying with the idea of running those 79 miles or little over three marathons in five or six days. My birthday falls during the week of the University of Michigan and Ohio State football game. Depending upon game time, if need be, I’ll complete, if necessary, those miles on my elliptical so I can watch the game. Game time hasn’t been established as of yet.
Remember, you are what you eat. Don’t forget to keep moving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment