Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: A Smile
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Friday, April 10, 2020

A Smile


Despite all the doom and gloom facing us there have been bright spots . I just got off the phone with Tony who told me that he wasn’t running today because of the rain. We both laughed at that excuse. Then he asked if we needed any groceries as he was in Auburn? Linda and I provided him with a list. This was the second time that he has gone shopping for us. Thank you Tony, again. Another bright spot was when my temperature read 98.6. I had nine days of a low grade fever that finally broke .What a relief. The third bright spot was the title in the March 22, 2020 edition of The New York Times-The Perfect Sport for a Pandemic. With smile, this essay addresses running as the perfect sport.
There are many advantages to running. Despite the numerous park closures, there are many places and trails to run. Location is not a problem for a runner. Running gear can be shirt, tights, running shoes and a water bottle. Equipment is simple and not a problem for a runner.  We all know the aerobic activity of running is beneficial to one’s mental and physical health as evidenced by numerous research studies.
Tony, my running partner, and I have not partnered up for quite a while because of the pandemic. It’s certainly not as much fun running alone but certainly potentially healthier. When on the trail, Tony, Dale and I spend much of our time laughing while talking about important and unimportant matters. The friendship gets nourished during and after our runs. Traditionally, after the run ,`Tony gets to drink a beer with maybe a cookie. This routine has gone on for years.  I miss the routine. In many ways, the mental, emotional and intellectual components are nourished in a greater dimension than the physical side. In any event it’s a good combination for my wellbeing.  I like this sport.
In essence, I am blessed. 1. I have a long-term friend like Tony 2. I have a 98.6 temperature reading 3. I have the ability to run. 4. I have a supportive and solid union. These blessings bring a smile to my face.

0 comments:

Post a Comment