Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Multivitamins and Health
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Multivitamins and Health


"I AM A RUNNER because I run. Not because I run fast. Not because I run far. I AM A RUNNER because I say I am. And no one can tell me I'm not."John Bingham,
How many of you are taking a multivitamin?  If you’re taking Centrum Silver by Pfizer you might be disappointed according to the findings of a recent study found in the November 6, 2012 edition of the Wall Street Journal. More than 14,500 male physicians age 50 and older (at the start of the study) were followed over 10 years. This research was partly funded by the National Institute of Health.
Did you know that more than half of Americans take a vitamin or supplement on a regular basis and a third take a daily multivitamin? This particular study evaluated whether taking Centrum Silver can prevent disease compared with taking a placebo. The results suggested that taking this multivitamin didn’t cut your risk of a heart attack.
In other words, if you want to cut your risk of heart attack you’re going to have to concern yourself with diet and exercise. Remember there is no “quick fix” as far as your health is concerned.
On November 8, a running group consisted of Madhu (Matt), Farah, Tracy, Secretariat and I ran in cold weather.  We ran about a 9 mile or so loop that passed the Dead Truck trail, American Canyon and up Maine Bar. I was in the lead as we passed the Poverty Bar turn off. At that point, Madhu remarked “I’m going to stretch my legs” as he passed me followed by Farah and Tracy. Secretariat running next to me then quickly remarked “kids.” I turned to him and said “now you know what it’s like to run with these younger runners.” Both Farah and Tracy are under age 40 with Madhu in his early 50s.
This past Saturday, I ran my longest trail run since I started physical therapy. The run totaled around 16 to 17 miles and my Achilles felt okay. The run started with Madhu, Farah, Chris, Secretariat, Carrie, Jonathan Jordan and I. Chris stopped at about 8 miles. Jonathan and I ran the last part of the run together. We had a lot of catching up to do since I haven’t seen him in a while. Jonathan was my 100 mile ride and tie partner at the Swanson Pacific.  Find out about our adventure in Chapter 12 in “It Has Nothing To Do With Age.”
Aside from being a runner and ride and tie competitor, Jonathan is a defense attorney and was in Redding and San Francisco collecting data for his murder case. All is good and we all had a good run. Being with friends is great.
 Remember to keep moving as it is good for you in many ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment