Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Goals,Implementing Intentions and Success
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals,Implementing Intentions and Success


"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence."– Lin Yutang
 Additional thoughts about   proper goal setting and expectancy for success. First and foremost it is very clear that goal importance is primary. That means one has to properly assess and evaluate the importance of the goal as it relates to self. How one goes about this assessment proves to be difficult. How can one really assess its importance? Just by saying the goal is important does not make it important nor by thinking that I hope to achieve will it make it happen.
Some questions that one can ask himself are as follows: 1. How does this goal relate to my core essence? 2. Will completion make any difference, to self, in either the short or the long term? 3. And if so, what is that difference? 4. Will my life change in any way (i.e. feelings about myself) and if so how? 5. Will I be able to assess a noticeable or significant difference in my life? 6. Would the completion of the goal be important to anyone else? 7. Am I trying to please anyone or affect anyone else by the completion of my goal?  8. Can I put in the necessary time necessary for successful completion?  9.   Do I have the necessary persistence in my makeup for a goal completion? 10. Do I have the proper information, tools, equipment and time in my life for successful completion? 10. What are the sub goals necessary for completion? 11. How much of the variables are under my control? 12. How will an unsuccessful goal attempt  affect me (positive or negative feelings) and /or others? 13.  What are the rewards and / or incentives for goal completion  14.If I’ve been unsuccessful in the past what were the contributing factors and/or barriers that led to my failure ?These questions can be addressed by  the individual  by writing down the pros and the cons to each question. Hopefully, the motivational intention (the degree) can then be assessed. If you are still unclear, that suggests a problem exists.
Part 1
PS
Chris and I hit the trail yesterday and plan to do it again today. Incidentally, Chris is a 2:26 marathoner; and by the way I won the gold at the Resolution Run.  Also, Chris and Michelle are hosting Sunday’s NFL‘s football game. See you there or on the trail.
 Remember to keep moving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment