Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: The Loss
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Loss

This was really unexpected, as with so many difficulties in life, it hurts!! It keeps welling up inside of me and tears keep coming. " just let it happen". My trail horse, I have danced with for 6 years, is gone! This huge, powerful, magnificent creature, who gave me such joy has suddenly died. One day he was in his corral waiting for the next ride, doing his thing and the next his total existence was gone. It is hard to believe that great power has dissolved into nothing.I will miss his beautiful quiet eyes, hugging him with my arms while my face was in his furry neck, smelling him on my clothes after a ride. I will miss keeping his attention on me while we were together. I will miss the anticipation of a ride together while i am tacking him up. I will miss our communication that changed his gait from a walk to a jog to an extended trot and back to a walk. I loved going up a steep hill, standing in the stirrups, leaning over his neck, holding onto his thick mane and feeling his strength build up under me as he went into a gallop. I loved working with him to do what I wanted when he had other ideas. Sometimes, I let him take over.We have gone wonderful places together. My soul was refreshed when we were on a trail immersed in its beauty. I trusted him at all times during those rides and he showed he trusted me.That huge creature never bucked, shied, spooked or hesitated on the trails. His greatest desire was to go "all out".He did not like the arena or a quiet walk, he was Franks Tevis horse. So we worked together and it worked for us. It was a copious relationship. The partnership will be greatly missed. Raider gave me thrills I will always cherish. Linda Lieberman

0 comments:

Post a Comment