Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Trail Run at Lake Chabot
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trail Run at Lake Chabot

Tony and I just returned from the trail run at Lake Chabot in the San Francisco Bay Area. We entered the 20 K. and followed the orange ribbons For our event, there was 1455 feet of elevation gain.

I was pleased with the Bay Area weather-it didn't rain. The temperature at the start was likely in the upper 40s. There was no rain. The trail was muddy in  part but overall not too bad. The week prior in Cool was cold and rainy. It was super to see the blue sky and sun again. I came in first in my age division about 10 minutes behind Tony who was the oldest in his age division .

Overall, I had a good race and more importantly felt terrific at the finish line . I did not hurt nor did I have any issues with my Achilles. I haven't felt this good after a race in years. I'm going to re-evaluate and get clear on what races I want to run. Happy running the trails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment