Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Super Foods, Bright Earth,and Jerome Beauchamp
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Super Foods, Bright Earth,and Jerome Beauchamp


"The power of imagination makes us infinite."

– John Muir

 

Jerome Beauchamp was my guest on Thursdays “It Has Nothing to do with Age or Gender.” Jerome, I first met, at the Quicksilver ride and tie in San Jose. At the time he was partnering up with his brother Robert on Jerome’s  horse Tango. Our friendship grew and we became good friends. At the time he was living in Newcastle and I was living in the Bay Area. Shortly thereafter, I moved to the foothills as well.

Jerome’s and  Mary’s  family grew also. I was fortunate enough to witness the growth of his family and his personal development and search for meaning. He is the questioning type and explores self growth. I also had the opportunity to meet his older brothers, Robert and Arthur.

On my first Tevis experience, Jerome was there to crew for me and my horse Raider. He was also one of my pacers on my Western States 100 run. He ran with me from Highway 49 to the finish. During our run, I remember him motivating me by saying “ let’s pick off that runner ahead .” By golly it worked.

We’ve also been Ride and Tie partners and have had memorable experiences. Our last ride and tie event was held at Drew Barner. I remember early on that we were doing quite well until I ran by my horse Gypsy. It wasn’t until sometime much later, that I realized what happened and  that Gypsy was tied to a tree, far away. When I ran back  to her, I found her standing, waiting for me. it took quite a while for me to catch up to Jerome. Jerome ran a long distance that day.

On our television program, Jerome talked about mental toughness having to do with perseverance and persistence. We then talked about his biking across the country from Washington to Massachusetts, and putting his feet in the Pacific and then the Atlantic. At that time, Jerome, had just graduated from high school and was 17 . Accompanying him on his ride was his older brother Robert, some five years older. You’ll enjoy hearing his story.

Jerome  also mentioned a competitive swimming career that began when he was about four years of age or so ; as well is becoming a very accomplished skier(skiing black diamonds) in his elementary school years. It helped having two older competitive brothers. Jerome has competed in triathlons and the California Iron Man. He  also completed one of Dan Barger’s echo challenge series starting at Forest Hill. You name it, and Jerome has likely done it. You’ll agree, that he’s mentally tough.

Jerome also talked about his identity crisis and his issues, leaving the real estate industry and his finding a home with  super foods and Bright Earth. To learn more about Jerome and super foods, watch our show. In the meantime, keep moving, laughing, smiling and deep breathing to assist you on your journey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment