Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: A Few 2014 Memories
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Few 2014 Memories

Hello 2015

Goodbye 2014 and hello 2015. Looking back at this past year, there have been many highlights. Since I’m into health, I am pleased to report that my Achilles discomfort has just been practically eliminated. This means that I’ve taken very little ibuprofen or Advil this past year.  I ran a 10 mile trail run; two 50 K trail runs; 2 marathon trail runs; a half marathon trail run and a 10 K competitively. During the 50-52 week calendar year, I put in on average, 50 miles of running with some elliptical thrown in per week. My conditioning has been fine.

My recent book Bo’s Warriors-Bo Schembechler and the Transformation of Michigan Football was released in September. Linda and I went back to Michigan for the initial book launch for book signings and interviews with the players interviewed in the book.

Mike Keller, Fritz Seyferth, Reggie McKenzie, Linda Gusich and her two sons, Jim Brandstatter [the Duke] and his wife, Jim Betts, and his wife, Thom Darden and his wife, and many others were met at the Big House. Mike, Fritz, the Duke, Jim and Thom were involved in the book signings. Jim Betts, and Mike Keller and the Duke accompanied me at a Michigan alumni presentation in Ann Arbor, were we shared the stage with Michigan’s football coach Brady Hoke.

Jim Betts and Mike Keller accompanied me on a radio interview, and another radio interview on the Jim Brandstatter -Brady Hoke radio show. The time, in Ann Arbor was great and filled with fun memories. Prior to going Ann Arbor, my wife, Linda and I traveled to Charlevoix, Michigan [close to the Mackinac Bridge] for a family reunion with cousins and family. That was good to reconnect with the Detroit family. We have reunions every 1 to 2 years. In 2015 we are likely to meet in Ann Arbor.

I am pleased that I’ve been able to maintain trail running along with the book promotion. Likely, 2015 will be more of the same. With the Jim Harbaugh, hiring as Michigan’s new football coach, the year could be very exciting. Jim Harbaugh played for Bo Schembechler and was coached by Gary Moeller, among others. The University of Michigan family is intact and well-connected.


On New Year’s Day, I am running the 10 mile trail run with Randall and Tony. After, we will party and my home. In the meantime, Go Blue; keep moving, laughing, smiling, bonding, appreciating and loving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment