Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Satisfaction Part 3
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Satisfaction Part 3


In order to pursue knowledge, rationality, and self-reflection, I attended Wayne State University and attained a PhD. As an assistant professor, I taught and lectured numerous classes in psychology. I later entered private practice, consulted with the criminal justice system, conducted research, presented research findings to national associations and attended the San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute. Much later, I wrote a book “It Has Nothing to Do With Age” that pertained to the motivation of older individuals who participated in extreme sports.
Sorry Mick Jagger, your wins and losses, according to Aristotle and the ancient Greeks do not add up or equal their definition of happiness. Pursuing power, possession and prestige do not result in happiness, but instead are associated with neurosis. I like my wins and losses per Aristotle and the ancient Greeks in that they have provided me with a tremendous amount of life satisfaction. I continue to live up to my potential.
PS
On Tuesday, February 12, I decided to run from Auburn to Cool on the Western States-Tevis trail leaving from Robie Point. Within 10 or 15 minutes, I saw a woman coming up the trail. She said “Frank.” I replied, “Yes.” She said “I’m April, Linda’s daughter.” I said, “I recognized your voice.” As it happened, I first met Linda Rapposelli-Rogers at the Quicksilver Ride and Tie in San Jose. A few years later, I met up with her on the Western States trail, in September of 2001. She remarked, “Let’s run Western States.” As it turned out, she became a good friend, my running partner as we both qualified by running our first 50 mile run in October of 2001. In November, we were selected to run in the 2002 race in which we both were buckle winners. After that Western States 2002, 100 mile run, my sister, Beverly said to me “if I were in a foxhole, I’d want to be with Linda.”
Good luck with your pregnancy April. I’m sorry to hear about Bud Johns passing. Thank you Bud for creating the sport of Ride and Tie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment