Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Birthdays
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Friday, December 13, 2019

Birthdays



Wayne, in response to your response, reaching the eighth decade of my life allows me to contemplate mortality. The train has left the station and the window is closing in so many categories. Recent passing of my friends like Denny, Jim, Jack and Jonathan are reinforcements. To maintain my being, I continue to focus on my passions in life which center on achieving, competing, avoiding failure while keeping mentally and physically sound. I run - walk every day approaching a weekly 50 miles per week. I enter trail run competitions and write a weekly essay pertaining to my interests which are well-being, motivation, aggression, anxiety, nature of man etc.
 I continue on goal setting, expectations, and achieving as opposed to chasing happiness. I like the challenges and the rewards that follow success. Every time I run, I’m aware of keeping my head upright, looking ahead, swinging both arms, heavy breathing while running the hills. Hill running is becoming more difficult which puts me daily in touch with my mortality. I intend to continue running-jogging, walking Training Hill, Main Bar etc. until I can’t or per Tony “find an excuse.” Keep moving remains the mantra.
Regarding birthdays, 19 years ago I joined former Ride and Tie competitors Tom, Tony, Chris, Jeff, Chuck, Jim, Becky, Melissa, Robert, Kathy and others for a birthday trail run followed by a brunch. Lately, some run and some walk. This year’s likely to be the same.
Linda has recovered nicely from her shoulder replacement surgery. Her being out of pain, has been a relief for the both of us. My sister Bev suggested we meet in Orlando on January 1 to watch the Wolverines play Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Haven’t decided as of yet. Unfortunately, our film project is stalled at the moment. That’s a disappointment presently. Hopefully, we will re -start after the first of the year.
Keep in touch and keep moving all your body parts. . ….I’m grateful we are together marching with the passing of time.
PS
Dr. Wayne is also a psychologist. He has been my friend since Denby High school in Detroit. We both received our PhD’s from Wayne State University in the 70s. I’m honored to have him as a lifelong friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment