Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: On the Trail
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

On the Trail

The Lieberman clan hit the trail for a short 6 mile run and ride. Linda rode  and I ran.The temperature was in the high 50s and the trail in very good shape. There were just a few wet and slippery spots. There were a number of people that we passed who were walking. At about the 17 mile marker, I encountered my friend and pacer Bill who was riding his horse Enterprise.I was in front of Linda and Decca so I had an opportunity to chat with him before Linda reached us. He told me that he was sad because his "other" mother passed last week. Dorothy was 97 and lived in Southern California. He said that he didn't want to go to the AERC convention in Reno because he did not want  to be around people .  It was good seeing Bill even though he was sad. He wished me luck on next Saturday's 50 K.


Linda complained that Decca at times did not want to work. She had encouraged her by using the crop and  her legs to propel her forward. So we finish the ride and run. Afterwards, we saw the movie The Karate Kid featuring young Smith and Jackie Chan.


I'm getting close in sending my book proposal to the publishing company John Wiley . Mike Barlow wants me to work on the marketing section. It seems that I have a lot of work to do. Writing the book is one thing because getting it published is a whole other dimension. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment