Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Ways to Start
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ways to Start

I did my final  training run today  with Tony. We ran a relatively short, easy 5 mile loop.The trail seems to be in pretty good shape.  Tony  is going to join me  Saturday at about 20 miles on the Way to Cool 50 K. run.  If all goes well I expect to meet him after some four hours into the run.
 Tara and Jonathan Jordan are planning to run  the  50 K. as well. They are leaving Alpine, California sometime Thursday. Jonathan and I have participated in this run before. We first ran it  together about four years ago . This is going to be the first time for Tara . Victoria Ordway is also planning on joining us for the run. Welcome to the party. Good luck girls.

My sister Beverly, wants me to give information about running, training, nutrition, etc. One thought occurred to me is talking about getting started in an aerobic activity. One suggestion is as follows:1. Start by combining walking and jogging. The faster the walk the better. The individual could walk 25 steps and then jog 25 steps and do that routine for let's say 15 minutes five times a week for at least two weeks. After every two weeks,  increase the  walking, jogging , and time by 10%. In other words, begin easy to formulate and determine a base line. After a few months, began to eliminate the walking part and  focus on jogging and running. This suggestion is one idea and can be modified easily  to fit any individual.2. Make sure that you carry a bottle of water for hydration. If one bottle is not enough then carry two bottles. Hydration is extremely important  every time in the year especially in the summer .3. Make sure that you are wearing proper clothing. A long sleeve synthetic shirt to assist with sweat and protection from the sun. Cotton clothing is not recommended because the material  does  not remove sweat from your body. 4. Proper shoes are important. I purchase  my running shoes at Empire shoes in Grass Valley.5.Do not forget  a hat or  sunscreen.6. Make sure your course is safe for your journey. The time of day is important. You want to be visible to others.If you follow this prescription, provide me with feedback, please.

The more I learn and experience the more I am convinced that aerobic exercise is the way to go. For example, my friend Tony stopped  running a few years ago. Then he noticed that he had gained over 20 pounds. For health reasons, he stopped drinking numerous cokes and began running. He is feeling healthy and he lost the 20 pounds. I am sure and he is sure that running has something to do with it.

1 comments:

Secretariat said...

It was more like 30 pounds. Didn't run for five years no good reason was just in a funk. Quit drinking the diet coke after passing out at the gym with sky high blood pressure after 3 hr in the emergency room they found nothing wrong with me other then the high blood pressure.Stayed that way all weekend. Did my own research and found that all I was drinking was diet coke so I was drinking nothing at all cut out the coke now only drink water for the most part blood pressure has been fine ever since, Hardest part was haveing to tell my wife she was right as she has been telling me that stuff was going to kill me for years. Should of listen to her. So I am back to running distance and filling good.

Post a Comment