Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: It Has Nothing to do With Age and Geocaching
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, September 19, 2011

It Has Nothing to do With Age and Geocaching

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."– John Ruskin
The process of writing my book has been unbelievable to say the least. I have benefited in so many ways. John Ruskin makes a good point.
Linda Nails and I went out for a short 5- 6 mile trail ride and trail run.  Both Linda and I were tired, and therefore we went easy today.  We stopped at Rec Lake, talked to the maintenance people, and then continued on our loop.  Just prior to reaching the cul-de-sac, I mounted Nails and rode him until we reached the street. Linda suggested that I ride him up our hill and I did so.  Well, at least I got in some running today.
After getting home, I talked with  my publisher about my book. It is official, It Has Nothing To Do  With Age is currently on the Barnes & Noble website, and I am told will be on the Amazon website later this week.  Wow!  It finally happened. The book has been printed, and now is available for purchase either from me, Barnes & Noble, and soon Amazon.
I remember back in January -February in the year 2009.  I am sitting in my office with my 24 – 7 hour neck brace, severely limited.  I do not like my limitations and expect to be around the house for a least a few months .That prospect is not pretty.  Okay, what shall I do with my time in this condition?  Why not write a book.  The last 12 years has been very interesting in that my life changed.  I owe a lot of that change to the ride and tie sport and the people that I met associated with it. For example, I moved from the Bay Area to the foothills in 1999 partly as a result of ride and tie.  I knew about the area because I had competed in a ride and tie in the area shortly before and I knew people living here as well.
My story for the past 12 years or so is about my ride and tie experience, endurance riding, ultra running, and the numerous individuals met on the trail. My going out on the trail with Linda is another illustration as she is part of my story.
One activity that she likes is called geo-caching. For those of you who do not know, this is a treasure hunt activity that incorporates physical activity. Get in your physical exercise while looking for treasures. Go to their website to get geographic coordinates, purchase a GPS, navigator, or smart phone and hit the trail or other places and find your treasure. When you do find that trinket you might leave something in its place.
Go to geocache.com for information. This fun thing started in 2000 with 75 geocaches and currently has over 1.5 million with about 100,000 in California. Check out the September 15, 2011 Wall Street Journal for their story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment