Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Perfection, Imperfection,Goal Setting, and Self Esteem
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Perfection, Imperfection,Goal Setting, and Self Esteem

Since no one is perfect, it follows that all great deeds have been accomplished out of imperfection. Yet they were accomplished, somehow, all the same."– Lois McMaster Bujold

My good friend, Dr. Wayne Fiske created a game called “I am perfect.”  Wayne has a different point of view than Lois.  Wayne’s quote would be something to the effect “We are all perfect, and it follows that all great deeds have been accomplished out of perfection.  And that is why they are accomplished.”  Take your pick as to the quote that is more meaningful to you.  In any event, it is important to complete your goals.  Finishing and completing relates to self-esteem.  Complete your goals and improve your self-esteem.

Thinking back of the last two years, I have spent considerable energy writing  my book.  It was important for me to complete this project.  In order to complete the project, I had to learn about using Microsoft Word, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Dell Computer, etc. I also figured out whom to interview, develop a questionnaire to guide the interview, and put my story in some logical sequence.

The editing was burdensome, and luckily I got good feedback from Kate Reardon, my wife Linda, my daughter Lori, and my sister Beverly.  They were all very helpful and appreciated.  Beverly provided me with two good resources.  Mike Barlow, for one .was extremely helpful in assisting the formulation of how to write a professional book proposal.  His expertise and counsel was invaluable.  On the electronic side, Tony Brickel’s knowledge, support, dedication, and hard work  facilitated and allowed me to work with my editor, to work with the Internet, to work with the blog, to work with You Tube , and to put together the book  trailer.  I am not forgetting our trail runs, and running events this past year.  He was a good listener and provided feedback about this project.

For me, Lois quote fits, because I was imperfect when it came to accomplishing this project.  However, I have the support and expertise of so many.  I could not have completed this project by myself and that is perfectly clear. Thank you all as I cannot thank you enough.

I am also appreciative of Julie Suhr for graciously writing a book review for It Has Nothing to Do With Age:  “Dr. Lieberman’s enthusiasm for self accomplishment, through dedication and the help of others, shows almost nothing is impossible.  His personal story, and those of others who have inspired him, will interest all, who also strive to reach goals once thought beyond reach.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment