Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 4
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 4

 This Tony and Jeff the two that got me into this crazy sport.


*Who ever thought of this sport? How did it originate? Bud John’s is referred to as the father of the sport.

Back to Mount Hamilton, the Mustang classic and my story. I had just completed the limited distance endurance ride and looked over in the direction of two gentlemen who were camped next to me. These two men were ride and tie competitors –Tony and Jeff. Being a friendly sort, I started chatting with these two men. To me, they did not look like spring chickens. As it turned out, one was older and one was younger than me. After a short while of conversation, I was recruited by the president of the Ride and Tie Association and Robert another competitor. It did not take long, and before I knew it, I agreed with my horse Running Bear to enter the Quicksilver Ride and Tie held in May. I was told that they were going to find a ride and tie partner for me.

Little did I know, at the time, but my life quickly changed 360° and I went off in a totally different direction on a new path. Translated, the foundation for discovering the fountain of youth was being laid. On a personal level, I was a practicing psychologist in Fremont, California working long hours; I rode my Harley Davidson motorcycle, was a member of the Fremont Hog chapter; and went on trail rides with Running Bear in the mornings before going to the office. Simply, I was a workaholic drowning myself in work, in part because I was in an unhappy marriage. I had no idea, at the time, nor could I predict the events that would take place over the next 14 or 15 years. I was not running or involved in exercise at this time. I didn’t consider or associate trail riding as exercise.

To be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment