Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Frank Lieberman-Part 5
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Frank Lieberman-Part 5

Frank Lieberman- Part 5
One step in achieving a longer lifespan, according to Time, is to “get back some of what we lose by our overfed, overstressed, and under active lifestyles.” Television’s popular Dr. Mehmet Oz gave his prescription for living long and living well.  He suggest we get daily rigorous physical activity, expose ourselves to 15 minutes of sun every day, choose foods that look the same way when you eat them as when they come out of the ground, sleep more than seven hours a day, and finally, have a purpose in life-involving family, work, community.
I will go into detail about life’s purpose and changing your lifestyle.  Hopefully, you will learn about playing, finding meaning, passion, staying youthful, giving back, and loving.  It is my highest hope that these pages will be an inspiration to you.
My personal journey is a central theme here: how I made the transformation from a workaholic to an inspired and dedicated athlete, and how I use an addiction for running to my advantage. I became interested in horses and riding and the sport of Ride & Tie helped me to work through my divorce.  More importantly, my quest resulted in quality friendships, and becoming part of a much larger family.  Bob Edwards, for example, a man significantly older than me, became a friend and role model for my life.  I met world-class athletes such as Tom Johnson, Mark Richtman, Brian Purcell, Jim Howard, Tim Twietmeyer and Dennis Rinde to name just a few.  It is not uncommon to find athletes entered in the 70s age group of their events.  To paraphrase Freud, “Love and work are necessary to become a healthy individual.”  To this statement to I would add: “Finding passion and meaning.”  For me, it is undeniably true that the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.
To be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment