Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Frank Lieberman- Part 7
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Frank Lieberman- Part 7

Do not forget to turn in to www.trailrunnernation.com  next week.  I will be talking to Dr. Don Freeman on his podcast.  I am looking forward to that meeting.
Frank Lieberman  - Part 7
When I began my journey, I was not sensitive to all the unknown mountains yet to be climbed. During my transformation I became aware of my potential and these last 15 years have been some of the best years of my life.  Hopefully, you will discover your own personal road map and develop another way to think about aging.  When you do, you will undoubtedly become an inspiration to others.  Read on, the journey is paramount, not the destination.  Discover the process in your success.
Because life expectancy is declining in our society as a result of obesity, high blood pressure, and stroke related issues, it is important to create a healthier lifestyle by adjusting both attitude and behavior.  To lengthen your life span, I prescribe the following:
1.       Get inspired.  It is okay to begin a new activity by taking baby steps.  A physical activity can help in improving physical fitness, losing weight, reducing anxiety, and minimizing depression.
2.      Find meaning in an activity outside of family, career, or raising kids; it can build self-esteem.
3.      Enrich your emotional life by making physical contact, having friends, sharing interests, and learning about others’ by becoming part of the new group.
4.      Realize that there is more to life than the accumulation of material things; having the biggest toy does not result in happiness.
5.      Participate in outdoor activities to help nurture spirituality.
6.      For a way to escape, read about other people’s adventures.
7.      Find inspiration and motivation through the illuminating profiles of eight remarkable senior athletes found within this book.
I hope you enjoyed reading chapter 1.   What Makes Frank Run? In It Has Nothing To Do With Age.
Oh yeah, Secretariat, and I ran about 8 miles today, including Maine Bar.  After our trail run, we set on my deck.  He drank his beer and I drank my smoothie.  Life is good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment