Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Eight(8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth- Part 5
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Eight(8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth- Part 5



*You might question, what was the big deal about ride and tie? Let me tell you. First of all, this is one tough sport. An individual has to run fast and hard in grueling temperatures and make difficult climbs on uneven, rocky, rutted trails over long distances at high altitudes; and be able to ride and manage spirited, well conditioned, powerful equines. In order to do well, in this sport, I had to start running on a consistent basis. Also, I had to systematically train and condition my horse. Both Running Bear and I had to improve with both endurance and speed. Translated, this meant I was now running on a regular basis at least five times a week and importantly improving my cardio vascular output. With consistent and dedicated running, I got in better shape. My running ability, distance and endurance improved. It did not happen overnight, but it eventually happened. The more time I spent on the trail both running and riding my horse, the better conditioned we became. And, as a side effect, I got healthier.

Okay, I was now working out and/or running on a regular basis. Having a specific goal made sense to me as far as training was concerned. I had a goal (competing in ride and tie) therefore, as a consequence I was improving with my running which fit perfectly , since I wanted to do well , in the sport, and it was concurrent with that goal. What a perfect fit, because I now had a necessary reason or purpose to work out and also the effect of getting in suburb running shape. Notice, my goal was concrete, clear, well -defined and attainable. Let’s call * being goal oriented, Psychological principle or concept # 1. Having a goal or goals for future planning is both mentally and physically healthy and necessary for living with purpose and meaning.

To be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment