Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 6
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 6



* Further, my focus was clear as I also became more and more interested in training and conditioning. Notice, I am not using the word exercise because the word exercise has a negative connotation like in (repetition, boring, no fun). So, I re framed the word “exercise” which is now our * Psychological principle or concept #2 and I substituted a different word: I called and thought of what I was doing as - in training, conditioning, or working out –any word but the word exercise.

Let me add a few pointers about goals and a proper definition. What’s important is how we conceptualize the goal, methods to accomplish it, that we are able to succeed, and that we have control over the outcome of the goal. In essence: 1. the goal had to be properly defined. 2. The goal had to be measurable. 3. The goal had to be reasonable and attainable. 4. I had to be the one to have complete responsibility for the completion of the goal – It’s up to me and only me alone.

I wanted to participate and compete in ride and tie. For me, that meant I wanted to do well in this sport because of my competitive nature. In order to do well, I had to improve with my running; had to have a strong and well conditioned equine; and locate and team up with a partner or teammate that both ran and rode well. It took some time to find the necessary components, and I accomplished that end. Not only did I find good partners for the competition, but another benefit occurred as many of them became good, solid friends in the process which is now our* Psychological concept # 3- meeting affiliative or social needs. My affiliative needs were now being met.

To be continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment