Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Adventure Races,Anti Aging, and Exercise
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Adventure Races,Anti Aging, and Exercise

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."– Thomas Jefferson
In 1997, I got my first introduction to the sport of ride and tie.  I was at Mt. Hamilton in San Jose, participating in an endurance ride.  Guess who I happened to be parked next to?  It was none other than Jeff W and Secretariat.  They were partners and participating in a ride and tie event hosted by Dan Barger.  I met them and Curt R the president of ride and tie at that time, along with Bob E-- my ride and tie career began.  And of course I would not likely be writing this blog, if not for that experience and what followed.
 Also, having a significant impact on me was a book that I received from Georgia, a friend, for my birthday.  The book is titled “Stopping the Clock” written by Dr's.  Ronald Klatz and Robert Goldman.  I am going to share with you some of the ideas in this book.  This book is about anti-aging and rejuvenation.  As I have indicated, both ride and tie, and ideas presented in this book provided a” wow” factor for me.
In a chapter titled “Exercise of the Immortals” I am going to present a few reasons to exercise:
1.       Improves immune system functioning
2.      Helps you lose weight-especially fat weight
3.      Improves survival rate for myocardial infarction
4.      Improves body posture
5.      Reduces risk of heart disease
6.      Improves the body’s ability to use fat for energy during physical activity
7.      Helps the body resist upper respiratory tract infections
8.      Helps relieve the pain of tension headaches
9.      Increases maximal oxygen uptake
10.  Increases muscle strength
11.  Helps preserve lean body tissue
12.  Reduces risk of developing high blood pressure
13.  Increases density and breaking strength of ligaments and tendons
14.  Improves coronary heart circulation
15.  Increases levels of HDL cholesterol and reduces LDL cholesterol
How is that for a reason to exercise?  I will list a few more benefits in tomorrow’s blog.  Notice, the word is exercise.  That word means many things to many people.  I shall go into more detail.  If you have read my past blogs, you know, I have presented a number of different types of exercise.  Much more is to follow.
Secretariat has a new toy.  He was delighted to show me and tell me about its many functions.  But first, I want to mention that Debbie did not think our trail running mileage was accurate. I have mentioned to Secretariat that I always round off the mileage.  Today, I figured our run on this rocky, uneven, rutted, and snarly trail was approximately 6 miles door-to-door.  I have asked him to provide all the wonderful statistics for you that he gathered from his new Timex Watch.
From Tony (AKA Secretariat): These are the stats from todays run.
Time:           1:25:07
Distance:     5.642
AVG Speed: 3.970mph
AVG Pace:   15' 06" We Walk the First .5 and last .5 miles
AVG HR:      107bpm
MAX Speed: 8.340mph
Best Pace :  7' 11"/mi
Peak HR:     140 bpm
MIN HR:      66 bpm

1 comments:

mike said...

This is the best book I have read that had to do with anti-aging

Post a Comment