Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Ojai Double Metric
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ojai Double Metric

Today I did the Ojai double metric ride 128 miles with 8000 ft of elevation gain.  It was especially rewarding to come back to Ojai as it was the first century bike ride I did when embarking on my new journey last June.  I did the reg century with around 4700 ft elevation gain spread out over the 100 miles.  I still remember the sucky hill that comes at mile 85  when you want to be done climbing and thinking it would take all I had to get to the finish.  I had no idea if I would ever do a century ride again, that's how tired I was, but by the end of the week I said ok I will continue with 1 a month till year end as a goal.  Which I completed and exceeded with 2 extra.  
So coming back to see how I felt and doing the hardest option they offered made me see how much stronger I have gotten. I am still on the slower side but at 63 and female also on the older side.  My goal is to complete what I start out to do and improve my pace along with continued training. My success comes from completion and a body that recovers well. 
The route I took took me climbing up hwy 33 to the top of the Los Padres forest and it was well worth all the work. 3000 ft of climbing in about 12 miles straight up.  I started early at 6am and enjoyed the solitude and beauty of the surroundings.  It seemed not many took this option but it was the highlight of the ride.  
Hopefully the roadies that read this will introduce themselves to me on the rides when they see me. You are all an inspiration to me and I love the support from the community.
And yes I remember the yellow jacket and the help you gave me riding at night so I was able to complete the Davis.  Hope to see you at the grand tour if you will be there.
Secretariats sister, penny 

0 comments:

Post a Comment