Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: How To Enrich Your Life
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How To Enrich Your Life

"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing."– William Butler Yeats

In my book titled “It Has Nothing To Do With Age “I wrote about a group of people 65 years of age and older who pushed their physical, mental and emotional limits to unfathomable levels. I have gained numerous new learning’s from that project.  From my insights, I prescribed seven prescriptions to combat declining life expectancy as a result of obesity, high blood pressure, stroke related issues etc.  Prescription number three, one of my inner truths, is extremely important for longevity   . Prescription number three reads “Enrich your emotional life by making physical contact, having friends, sharing interests, and learning about others by becoming part of a new group.”

This past week-end demonstrated that point. Approximately a year ago, Linda and I met this young couple and son at our community swimming pool. The Avasarala’s are originally from India. Madhu and Farah are both runners and talented in many ways. Madhu is an ultra runner and Farah is very speedy on the shorter distances (she also plays tennis, swims and bikes). Linda and I have learned a lot about their culture, eating habits, life philosophy and more about Thomas Paine. This past weekend we were introduced to two of their Bay Area couples –friends.
 None of us know how our story ends. Remember life is a journey. And there is no need to control or attempt to predict the end point.  Life is somewhat like going down the fast flowing stream (rafting) using oars and attempting to avoid boulders and other hazards while experiencing pleasure and excitement. Make sure your ratio of success is greater than the ratio of hazards by your choices.  Just remember to use your tools to your advantage and to stay afloat as long as possible.

My new friend Mike Keller is another example of meeting new and interesting people. He is one of the main characters of my second book regarding mental toughness. As I get to know him, I will learn more about his identity and his life space. His life space, for example, includes:  college football, professional football, fly-fishing, horseback riding, motorcycles and the creation of a new spring professional football league. So it is very clear that my life continues to be enriched. And like I said in prescription three,  my lifestyle  choices facilitates  how I’m aging.
On Monday, Linda, her Arabian Nails, and I did about a 5 mile trail ride and run. I recovered from last Saturday’s Quicksilver trail run and therefore want to do more heat training for this coming Saturday’s trail run  for juvenile diabetes at the Cronin Ranch.

On Tuesday, Tony, Linda Nails and I did a 6 mile or so trail run and ride.  Today, Linda, Nails and I  ,this morning, are going to run and ride again. This Saturday Tony and I have entered a 10 mile run for Juvenile diabetes at the Cronin ranch. Join us.
Remember; keep moving, laughing, smiling and deep breathing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment