Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Thomas Paine,Reason,Friendship and Football
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Thomas Paine,Reason,Friendship and Football


Saturday was a day of tapering. So Digger, my wire haired terrier and I hit the trail. This time I ran my favorite, 10 mile or so, trail in a counter clockwise direction.  The only humans I encountered were James Anderson and then Betty Smith on the trail. I made sure to stop at every creek crossing so that my dog would be hydrated. The one advantage of running, with no humans, is that I can think about such things as my next blog posting. Including today’s run; my total for the week was somewhere around 50 miles.
On Sunday, Chris, Tony, Madhu and I ran a short 6 mile (10 k) tapering run. Tony and Madhu raced ahead while Chris and I talked about Gil Brandt, Michael Keller, the Dallas Cowboys and other football stuff. After our run, at my home, we continued talking about Thomas Paine and his contributions to our independence, rational thought and freedom. Madhu suggested, as home work, that we read some of his writings sip some wine and discuss.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

One reason that I’m enjoying interviewing Michael Keller is because football is my favorite sport followed by ride and tie and then running. And thinking back to my elementary school years, I remember liking sports both playing and reading about them. I read stories by John R. Tunis (about 64 years ago) that included: All American, The Kid from Tomkinsville, High Pockets, Rookie of the Year, and The Kid Comes Back. But I don’t remember the specific content of these books. However, my impression   is that they’re about individuals who were overcoming something. Overcoming obstacles resonates with me.  And they succeeded and were heroes on top of that.
More to Follow 

0 comments:

Post a Comment