Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Dancing and the Joy to be Alive
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Dancing and the Joy to be Alive



"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."– Rabbi Hillel

Linda and I had our celebration Sunday.  We are celebrating our eighth year anniversary, wedding party, and the joy to be living.  The decision to have this event, at this particular time, was generated when Linda and I visited Carrie at her new residence.  Carrie, this year’s ride and tie winner, moved  to this area from Marin and was joined by Jean, her college friend, from Boston. They have a spectacular home, lovely grounds, and super horse set up.  Linda and I talked about having a party at their place, and they wholeheartedly agreed.  We started to make plans, and then it seemed that it was just too complicated and would be more work to do it at their place so we did it our home instead.
The girls wanted me to dress up in a tuxedo and Linda to make a grand entrance on her horse Nails.  I said” no” to the tuxedo.  Linda surprised me by making a T-shirt look like a tuxedo.  I wore that and we made arrangements for our grand entrance.  Part of the plan was for Linda to blow a whistle three times.  That would be the signal for Carrie to start the music “over the rainbow” Linda’s favorite song.  It did not go exactly to plan, but we did make our grand entrance, which was a delight for all.  There were many pictures taken by Carrie, Diane, and Debbie.  Hopefully, I did not leave anyone out. Thus the celebration began.
We began outdoors, and then when the sun went down we moved inside where it was warmer.  There was conversation, food, drink, and a lot laughing.  Randall and Diane arrived late, but fortunately brought their music instruments with them.  I encouraged him to bring in the guitar and mandolin.  The music and the dancing began.  It was a fun party and a great way to begin the week. By the way, Randall’s going to join Secretariat and I on our runs.
Last Saturday, I had my book signing for “It Has Nothing to Do With Age” at the Auburn Running Company.  I played our 10 minute book trailer video, did book signings, and ate some the munchies. That was a lot of fun for me since the turnout was good, and I got a chance to see some friends I have not seen in a while.  It is always good to see the kids show up for these events.
As of today, the book is available@BN.com; Amazon.com; Auburn Running Company; Auburn Drug; and Divide Supply in Greenwood.   I will keep you informed where the book can be purchased. This weekend I plan on attending, a Son of the American Revolution meeting with Jack Sholl my patriot, rower, and friend in Palm desert.  My friend and ride and tie partner Jonathan Jordan, also plans to attend.  You can learn more about them, when you read my book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment