Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Malibu Canyon Run and turning 60
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Malibu Canyon Run and turning 60

Today was my first run as a 60 year old. While Frank was out parting in Palm Desert with Jonathan, Jack and the General. I Tony or as Frank likes to call me Secretariat, was in Malibu doing the Malibu Canyon run. They had a 10k 25k and 50k. I did the 25k this is the longest distance I have done this year. As usual for me I started out not filling all that great this seems to be normal for me even though I stretched and warmed up running before the race. And as usual after the first mile are so I loosened up and started filling good. This is the second run I have done in the mountains above Malibu and again it was tough. It started out with a unrelenting 7.5 mile climb in the sun to the first aide station and was I glad to see it. I was completely out of water and was not used to the heat. Filled up took off up the last climb. Then there was the 3 miles of sometimes steep downhill. This was on rocky rutted fire road. As downhills are not my favorite I started to get passed my all these young fleet women. As one was passing me I called out that’s not fair you have young legs. As the trail flatten out I was able to catch up and re passed most of those that had passed me. As a came up to the girl that I made the comment to. She said Old legs yea!! as I passed her. The rest of the trail was flat are slightly up hill I felt great I was still running strong with about 3.5 miles to go. I finished in 3hrs 1 min and 28sec I was hoping for under 3 but close enough. I was first in my age group and 37th overall in a field of 90 and less the an hr behind the the overall winner. Yes I was pleased.
Hope Frank had good time partying Stenson beach comes up in 3 weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment