Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Running in Scottsdale,Arizona and Weight Loss Models
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Running in Scottsdale,Arizona and Weight Loss Models

Linda and I traveled to Scottsdale for a brief getaway.  On the way, we stayed in Las Vegas.  I had not been in Las Vegas since the 80s.  I did not recognize where I was. Wow!
In Scottsdale, I ran at a sports complex that had 10 regulation size soccer fields.  The terrain was flat with closely cropped grass.  Running around the sports complex allowed me to appreciate the wonderful trails back home. I also missed my running partner Secretariat.   Running was not as much fun, and I did not laugh as much as I did back home.  After running, each day, for little over an hour, I hit the fitness and exercise station at our resort.  All in all, I was pleased that I was able to both run and work out with the free weights.
Returning home, there was a phone message from Mary Freeland.  Mary, it turned out crewed for Fred Jones back in 1966 on the Tevis. She read my book and told me that she and she husband were the ones that assisted Fred on his ride.   At the time, Fred was the director of the California state park system, and was appointed by Gov.Pat Brown.  Mary worked for Fred back then.  She had not seen Fred for many years and was anxious to see him again.  I am happy that Mary has the opportunity to hook up with Fred again.
Secretariat entered a 21 mile run on Saturday and completed it less than four hours.  We will run on Tuesday, and I will hear about the particulars.
The following was found in the February 13, 2012 edition of Time. Guess what?  There was a study of doctors and their care of patients who were overweight.  The findings found that doctors who were overweight or obese were less likely to discuss weight loss with their overweight or obese patients.  30% of normal weight doctors discussed weight issues with their overweight patients, compared to only 18% of overweight doctors.
If you were overweight or obese, and your overweight or obese physician talked to you about weight loss and health, what would you say to that doctor?  Certainly, the physician would not be credible.  The old saying, “do what I say” Is not as powerful than” do what I do.” if you are overweight, and your physician is overweight, he might not be the right one to talk to you about weight related issues. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment