Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth- Part 8
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eight (8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth- Part 8


"Believe that you can do it, under any circumstances. Because if you believe you can, then you really will. That belief just keeps you searching for the answers, then pretty soon you get it."– Wally "Famous" Amos


* Let’s return to 2001. Well, in 2001, yes, it was the infamous 2001 but it was the end of September not the 11th. It was one very hot evening, I am running on the historic Western states trail, and I encounter, a young attractive ride and tie female friend who told me that we should enter (to be completed in one day) the Western states 100 ultra endurance run in the year 2003. I replied back to her “let me think about it.” However, immediately, after reaching home, I called a couple of knowledgeable Western states friends and got more specific information about that tough, unimaginably difficult race. I must admit that at the time I was not consciously thinking about entering that particular run. My friend’s told me that there was a 50 mile qualifying run coming up the first week in November called the Helen Klein endurance run. For those of you that know the name-yes it is the famous Helen Klein who holds a ton, and I do mean a ton, of women‘s long distance running records. My thinking at the time was why wait to do the WS100 run in 2003. Up to this point, I had run one marathon (26.2) miles, one 50 K. (31) miles, and had four good years of experience running and competing in numerous tough ride and tie events. You might wonder at this juncture, if I was ready for a 100 mile run? I thought something to the effect of “Why not”?


To be continued:

0 comments:

Post a Comment