Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Lawrence Livermore Lab Lecture
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lawrence Livermore Lab Lecture

"You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result."– Mahatma Gandhi

 On June 7th, I have been invited to lecture on the subject of health, exercise and inspiration at the prestigious Lawrence Livermore Lab.  I am looking forward to speaking and returning to the Bay Area were both my riding and ride and tie experience began.
I have invited Secretariat and Linda to join me.  Today during our training run, I told Secretariat, that I am going to ask him to talk about the difficulty and/or fun part of his Tevis experience.  Also, I am going to have Linda talk about her crewing experience on the Swanton Pacific 100 mile ride and tie as well.
I moved to the Bay Area about 25 years ago.  There, I began trail riding.  I first did a few NATRC rides and then on my second limited distance endurance ride met Secretariat, Jeff, Curt and Robert members of ride and tie.  From that point on, my life has never been the same.  Thank you ride and tie for introducing me to a fun sport with fun people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment