Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Eight( 8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 15
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Eight( 8) Principles for Finding the Fountain of Youth-Part 15

It is now 2002, and I was “ready” for the Western states 100. My Western states 100 journey began on June 29, 2002, at Squaw Valley.  On that Saturday morning I was standing, in the front with about 450 other nervous, excited, loud, hyper runners for the 5 AM start.  A rock- salt shotgun blast and we are off and I quickly began the first of many and I mean many climbs.  Initially, the first climb was going over one of the ski runs.  I remembered the cold temperature, my nervousness, snow on the ground, and yes the mosquitoes as I traversed and began this part of the run. There were hungry mosquitoes because of the wet, melting snow.  After running which seemed like toward the sky, I reached and passed Emigrant Pass and Watson’s Monument at approximately 9000 linear feet above sea level. So far so good and the views were awesome and breathtaking. I had pristine Lake Tahoe behind me and more mountains in front. I eventually reached the second checkpoint or aid station referred to as Lyon Ridge some 11.5 miles into the run, at 6500 feet above sea level and briefly talked, to my friend and aid captain Chuck Gabri. A reason for not staying too long at an aid station is because of the time limits. I didn’t want to be pulled by race management. I wanted to complete this historic event, and remain comfortably ahead of the time restraints.
To be continued:

0 comments:

Post a Comment