Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: Pig Farm Again
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pig Farm Again

Today Tony and I went back to the Olmsted  trail to recalibrate loop one on the Cool Ride and Tie to  be held on October,1, 2011. I want to add more mileage  to this loop. So Tony and I ran the loop and  used his GPS for exact mileage. According to his GPS, this loop is 12.2 miles. A good part of the additional  mileage is water for the horses at the Paige Harper trough  and the bad is the rocky trail during that part of the race . I am going to suggest that the competitors walk their horse during that part of the trail. I ran better today than yesterday. Tony told me that in the past he would run up Pig Farm.I told him that I didn't believe him. So when I beat  him to the beginning of that part of the trail  I, felt good. He knew I was racing but elected not to pass me.  So he started running up the trail and I knew he wasn't going to stop. So I figured, I might as well run up the trail also. I got to the top and didn't see him. I  thought he ran the remaining part that included what is called the Training Hill . My goal was to stop at the top of Pig Farm.

 As I proceeded the rest of the way, a female runner was heading towards me. I asked her if she saw Tony. She said  to me that he said "tell the old guy to run faster". How is that for empathy, compassion, and  consideration ? Anyway, I finally reached Tony and found him sitting on a rock. The next stop is to get state approval. The application has been turned in. Just waiting to hear from them.
(From Tony) I did have a little compassion I did wait for you and then walked the last two miles in.J


I just finished an article on Lew Hollander that I am submitting  for publication to ride and tie. He has completed over 11,000 endurance miles and is in the AERC Hall of Fame. He completed Western states in 1984, has 21 out of  21 Hawaiian Iron man completions and is the second oldest to complete the Hawaiian Iron man .He  is the oldest to complete the long course at the world championship ride and tie in 2010 .


Lew also is a brain and has expertise in physics-atomic weapon testing , semi conductor research  etc. included in his resume. He has many patents and presents and publishes papers to scientific societies. Not bad for this 80 year young phenom. His story is in chapter 10 of my manuscript.

0 comments:

Post a Comment