Subscribe to It Has Nothing to Do with Age by Email Follow Tusk95664 on Twitter It Has Nothing to Do with Age: It is not supposed to be easy
It Has Nothing To Do With Age provides self-help principles. The inspirational stories give concrete illustrations of overcoming many of life's challenges. Difficulties pertaining to depression, grief, divorce, and death are presented and worked through by the participants. Physical impairments, injuries, overcoming issues with weight, alcohol, and nicotine are also dealt with and resolved by the athletes.

This book provides a model on how to overcome some of the difficulties that confront all of us . Further, this read sheds a beacon of light on preventive measures for good physical and mental health. Research demonstrates that exercise is an important component in treating such ailments and debilitating illness such as depression, stroke, heart disease, brain or cognitive malfunction,and Alzheimer's disease.

I suggest that proper exercise can be used as a preventive measure for psychological, cognitive, and physical health as well. Follow my prescription and lead a better, more fulfilling, and healthier life.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It is not supposed to be easy

Just today, Tony and I were running at the Olmsted. The plan was  to run the 12 mile loop for the Cool Ride and Tie to be held on  October  1, 2011. Shortly after coming up difficult, snarly, steep Pig Farm trail, I yelled out to Tony "this is not easy". Tony replied "it's not supposed  to be easy". I thought that his reply would be a good  title for today. Trail running is not easy. In fact, trail running  is difficult. Periodically, trail runners develop injuries. Just yesterday, I met with Tom an endurance, ride and tie, and trail runner. He just had his fourth meniscus surgery and meets with the surgeon again this Thursday. Unfortunately, for Tom he is  not able to currently run. He is only 59 . By the way, he claims that he was faster than Tony.(only in his dreams)  Tony disputes it.

I remember talking with Geno  Ortiz a massage therapist on the big island of Hawaii. Geno told me that people who competed in triathlons have fewer injuries than trail runners. He attributed that to the cross training ( biking and swimming ). They don't develop overuse injuries like the trail runners. Periodically, I think of biking, jump roping, treadmill etc. as a possible cross training activity. However for me, I seem to like trail running the best. I make sure to stretch  and incorporate Bob Anderson's list of stretches. I also purchased orthotics. I  recommend  stretching and orthotics  to all you runners.

My book "It Has Nothing To Do With Age " has undergone the editing process. I am now looking to have it published. It will be including segments in Bogs to come. I welcome your feedback and input.

0 comments:

Post a Comment